Cleveland Criminal Defense & Family Attorney Fights for Your Freedom and Rights
Our West Cleveland office offers high-quality legal services with a flexible approach
The firm of Michael C. Asseff Attorney at Law was founded in 2003. Principal attorney Michael Asseff has dedicated himself to counseling and advocating on family law and criminal law issues for people in Cleveland, Lakewood and the surrounding areas. If you are seeking a divorce or looking to modify custody or support payments, the firm can help you achieve your goals. Likewise, if you face misdemeanor or felony charges, the firm can defend your freedom by working to dismiss or reduce the charges against you.
A compassionate and flexible approach to put you at ease.
The firm is committed to making clients comfortable as they find their way through a difficult time in their life. Whether you come to the firm for family law or criminal law help, you are always treated as a person and your issue our priority. Our Cleveland law firm offers:
- A personal approach — Mr. Asseff works directly with clients. He handles each and every aspect of your case. When you come to the firm a receptionist greets you, but then you meet directly with an attorney – he never passes you off to a paralegal or other support staff. He feels that when you meet directly with the attorney who handles your case, it creates a better working relationship and forms mutual trust. Michael’s commitment to direct interaction shows that you and your legal issue matter.
- Flexibility — Life is complex, and a family issue or criminal charges just make it more so. The firm is committed to communicating with clients in the way they prefer. Whether you prefer the telephone, e-mail, or talking face to face, the law office can accommodate your choice. If the standard office hours do not agree with your schedule, an appointment can be arranged. The office’s goal is to make you feel at home so you can speak openly and freely about your situation.
- Convenience — There is nothing worse than having to drive into downtown Cleveland at rush hour or contending with street closures and accidents. Michael C. Asseff Attorney at Law is conveniently located just off of I-90 in West Cleveland near Crocker Park. Free parking is available and the firm is mere minutes from the courthouses where many cases are tried.
Serving Lakewood and Westlake, Ohio with trusted solutions for family law and criminal matters
For over 10 years, Clevelanders and those in nearby towns like Elyria and Westlake have depended on us for family and criminal law solutions.
- Family law — Is a broad area of law that often sees the best people acting at their worst due to its extremely emotional and personal nature. Attorney Michael Asseff handles many aspects of family law, such as mediation and divorces. In the case of divorce, he will also handle all related matters including property settlement, custody arrangements, and support agreements. Finally, because circumstances change, we also handle post-judgment modifications of custody and support agreements.
- Criminal Law — The firm handles a variety of misdemeanors and low-level felonies. They work to reduce or eliminate DUI/OVI charges that can lead to jail time and license suspension. The firm has also reduced the charges on many drug allegations. Finally, they can file civil protection orders to protect clients from domestic violence.
- Personal Injury: Personal injury is a serious matter that can affect your health, your job, your family and your future. If you have suffered an injury because of somebody else’s negligence, you need an experienced personal injury attorney by your side. I give you a clear picture of the financial recovery that may be available to you.
- Work Discrimination: If you are the victim of workplace harassment, you need to stand up for your rights. Our experienced attorneys understand the stress of an uncomfortable work environment. We can assist you in labor and employment law cases involving defamation, unpaid overtime, unpaid wages, whistleblower retaliation, discrimination, wrongful termination, sexual harassment and more.
Take charge of your future and call the firm today
Both family issues and criminal charges can seem to take control of your life. Call Michael C. Asseff Attorney at Law, at 440-520-1222 or contact the firm online. Your free consultation can be the first step to reclaiming your future.